Sunday 4 July 2021

Day 12 - Weipa to Watson River Station by Danny and Paddy

So I guess to be accurate the day started with Steve and I consuming our second bottle of spirits and talking about great non fiction books we have read.



Bed in the wee hours and up at at’em again at second light.

It is kind of an easy day to write about compared to what we have done recently. We got up; had breakfast with Steve and Jackie; packed for 3 days away and left Weipa to check out our friends cattle station and make it to the tip of Australia.
We packed everything we need for a few days into Caroline’s cruiser together with 8 swags on the roof rack and tried to leave Weipa at about mid day. While fueling up at the local shell servo I heard my name yelled out. It was a bloke I knew from home who was good enough to give us a new filter sock for the snorkel.
We tried to blow out to Watson river but Jess was trying to enter us in a horse competition and we quickly ran out of service. We had to turn around and head back into Weipa to make a fist of the entries.
We final arrived at Watson river in the mid afternoon in time to see the days muster come in. I caught up with friends; introduced them to Caroline and the kids and we are now bedded down after tea looking forward to what is in stall for tomorrow’s mustering.











3 nights on the sauce with Steve and a few here tonight - I am totally buggered.
Goodnight.
Oh, I kicked a cane toad into a bag of bread. Oops. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment