Wednesday 29 June 2016

Day 27 - Broome

Got a bit lucky for the blog today as it's probably the first real cruisey day we have had. I got up and tuned the telly in for I think the 3rd time of the trip to catch a bit of news and saw the Turkey bombings. So I turned it off again and went over to the cafe at reception to get a cappacino. Our plan was to head back out to the Gibb River road in the afternoon to do the Western side of the Kimberley's. Swags are packed in the ute and we decide to go into town to get some supplies and Caroline makes arrangements to get her Pearl set in a necklace. It was the one we cut open and harvested (then bought) at Cygnet Bay (I don't reckon that's how you spell but it's a step up from Signal Bay which is what I've been calling all week). Anyway it was up at Cape Le Vique.

Bill and I decided it was time for haircuts but all the barbers were booked out. We found a flash joint that really bunged on a show - offered us a drink and everything - all for a number 2 all over! And then we had to change seats for a hair wash even though we had bugger all hair left. It was pretty cool and the seat was one of those massage jobs. Very flash. I think I'll get one for the half star!

 

 
After that I dropped the troops off to Target while I went out to get our new awning. On the way I bumped into Blanch (Chris Blanchard) again who was also feeling a bit dusty from the cook up we had on Cable Beach last night. I followed him to Outback Spirit headquarters to give the ute a quick tub and tell him we are off and would be back on the weekend.

From there I pick up the troops, buy a hotdog and a squishy from a lady named Wendy. Not a bad hotdog at all -and she must be very proud of herself because her name was on everything.

We then load up the 5m awning onto the back of the ute. I really should have taken a photo of that but I was keen to get on with running the gauntlet back to camp. I shouldn't have worried though - I couldn't have looked any more out of place than this bloke who lost one thong -  (or found one!)

 

The day was getting past us so we decided to strike out for the Gibb in the morning. The kids go for a swim at the caravan park and we then bail into the ute and head back down to Cable Beach for a swim and a kick of the footy. From there we find a restaurant on the beach and head back to camp.

 

 
By far the best news of the day was received well after night while having a beer and picking at my guitar. The phone rings and our good mates Tim and Clare Robinson are now a Mum and Dad !- actually the other way around!! This makes our other good mates Greg and Trish a Pop and Nan! And Dave and Elise an uncle and Aunty ... And the list goes on !!

With that news I crack another beer and toast the Robinsons and then head to bed. Kimberley's in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment